- 1 1/2 lbs salmon fillets
- lemon pepper
- garlic powder
- 1/3 cup soy sauce
- 1/3 cup brown sugar
- 1/2 cup canola oil
- Season fillets to taste with lemon pepper, garlic powder and salt.
- Mix in a small bowl the soy sauce, brown sugar, water and canola oil. Make sure sugar dissolves completely. Put fish in large ziploc bag with marinade and make sure fish is completely covered. Allow to marinate for at least 2 hours in refrigerator.
- Preheat grill to medium.
- Oil grill slightly. Place salmon on grill, cooking for 6-8 minutes per side. Make sure fish flakes easily.
- Boil marinade, stirring constantly. Add in cornstarch to thicken. Use as a sauce.
Serves perfectly over brown rice!
- Brown garlic in oil in a wok or a large round-bottomed fry pan.
- Sprinkle salt into oil.
- Add Napa cabbage chopped into 1-inch strips.
- Stir constantly with a wood spoon. Napa cabbage deepens in green as it cooks. Don’t overcook! You want it a little crunchy and delicious.
The Napa cabbage makes a perfect flavor offset the sweet salmon sauce.