These mouth-watering morsels are best for appetizers. The peanut sauce will transport you to another world of delicious flavor. This light treat will turn your party or family get-together into a sensation.
- 1 lb boneless skinless chicken breasts cut into 1-inch strips
- 2 1/2 Tbsp reduced-sodium soy sauce
- 2 Tbsp freshly squeezed lime juice
- 1 Tbsp honey
- 1 Tbsp Sriracha sauce
- 2 tsp ground ginger
- 2 cloves minced garlic
–Peanut Dipping Sauce–
- 1 cup low sodium chicken broth
- 5 tablespoons creamy peanut butter
- 1 tablespoon honey
- 1 tablespoon reduced-sodium soy sauce
- teaspoons fish sauce — or additional 2 teaspoons soy sauce
- 2 teaspoons Sriracha sauce
- 1 teaspoon ground ginger
- 2 cloves garlic — minced
- 1 tablespoon freshly squeezed lime juice — from about 1 small lime
- Chopped fresh cilantro — chopped unsalted roasted peanuts, and lime wedges, for serving
- For the chicken marinade: In a large mixing bowl, whisk together soy sauce, lime juice, honey, Sriracha, ginger and garlic. Add the chicken, toss to coat, then cover and place in the refrigerator to marinate for 2 hours or overnight. Let stand at room temperature for 30 minutes prior to grilling. If using wooden skewers, soak the skewers in water for 30 minutes prior to grilling.
- For the peanut dipping sauce: In a medium saucepan, combine the chicken broth, peanut butter, honey, soy sauce, fish sauce, Sriracha, ginger and garlic. Bring to a simmer over medium heat, then let cook, stirring frequently, until the sauce is smooth and thickened, about 6 minutes. Stir in the lime juice and let sit.
- When ready to cook the chicken skewers, preheat an outdoor grill or indoor grill pan to medium high. Grill chicken until cooked through, about 2-3 minutes per side. Let sit for 2-3 minutes. Sprinkle with peanuts and cilantro, then serve warm with peanut sauce and lime wedges.
No Chinese kitchen is fully equipped without a bamboo steamer. You can order yours on Amazon here.